Friday, November 1, 2013

Liebster Nominations! My first Q&A




'The Liebster, which means “dearest” in German, is a nomination for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.' This was the first I heard of it when Chelsea from Chelsea Postgrad Nomad sent me a nomination! Thanks for asking! =D

So here it goes! 

1) Would you rather (and why!)…have the ability to transport or fluently speak any language?
Ability to transport! Save me the hassle of thinking how to get there. Just go! =D

2) When have you felt most like a foreigner in your travels?
When I couldn't speak the language at all. And when all the words are in characters that are unknown to me. As long it isn't in Roman letters or Chinese characters I start to feel like an outsider. =/

3) Who has influenced you the most in your travel blogging?

4) What has been the most unexpected cultural difference (law, tradition, norm, etc.) you’ve encountered?
Hmmmz. This's a tough one. So far I would say none. Coz I respect all cultural differences with an open mind so nothing has surprised/shocked me so far..

5) What do you wish someone had told you before you took your first big trip abroad?
My first big trip was to Tibet: Wished someone had told me how dry the place could really be and how breathless I could get. 


6) TMI: Most embarrassing moment experienced during your travels?

When I was in Siquijor and riding a bike without a license and fell off the bike when going down slope. Not just 1 time. But 4 times. *super embarrassed* and when I got back to the place I was staying at. I was so worried about the cost of the rear mirror I broke and the condition of the bike that when the person in charge said that it was alright and the mirror cost only PHP100 (about S$3). I broke down in tears. So so relieved. =P

7) What is #1 on your travel bucketlist right now?
Getting a scuba diving license and swim with the whale sharks are in top spot with a tie of going Brazil for the carnival!

8) What are the top 3 must-have things you pack in your travel bag?
Camera. My journal. Ipod. =)

9) Best tip in budget traveling?
Plan and research well before going using different websites and books. And look out for those flash deals! =D



10) In a sentence, why travel?

It's my addition. =)

So here are the rules to the Liebster Nominations!
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
  2. Answer the 10 (or 11!) questions which are given to you by the nominator.
  3. Nominate other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
  4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
  5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
And the nominees go to (drum roll, please…)
Here are your questions!
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) Is there any country that you feel insecure/unsafe to travel to?
3) If you have a choice: swim with the whale sharks or sky dive?
4) What is your most memorable travel experience?
5) If you were stuck on a deserted island. Who would you wanna be stuck with? =P
6) Where are you heading to next? 
7) Compact camera or DSLR? 
8) Which country would you want to celebrate New Year in? 
9) When the clock strikes 12 midnight. Who would you wish to be standing next to you? =D
10) Do you believe in the travel bug? (I know I do!)
Can't wait to read your answers! Have fun! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment