Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Oooh lala!

I am a happy girl this afternoon! Coz I found my Philippines Mango right here in Singapore! 


Ok. So you all may be thinking I must be nuts talking about mangoes. Especially when it is not the usual mangoes but these from the Philippines! This box of 3 doesn't come cheap (S$5.99) which is almost $2 for 1 piece of mango. But let me tell you. It is so so so worth it! Even my mum who have never tasted Philippines mangoes before fell in love right after the first bite. =D

'There are many mango varieties in the Philippines. Champagne mango or Carabao mango is probably the most famous in terms of taste. This mango variety is the sweetest mango that I ever tasted. It is also the mango variety that the Philippines export to other countries.

There are different strains (breed) produced from Carabao mango — one of which is called Sweet Elena. If I am not mistaken, this breed originated somewhere in Zambales. Sweet Elena mango is the sweetest that I ever had. It is probably the sweetest mango in the world. There are also the well loved Cebu and Guimaras mangoes which are of world class quality.' (extracted from http://panlasangpinoy.com/2011/04/12/the-truth-about-philippine-mangoes/)
Every time I head home. There are 3 things I must have. Bananas. Beer and mangoes! =D The mangoes are really good. You should give it a try when you head over! =) 
Ok ok. I know my cutting sucks. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment